Re: low-quality cctv audio over cat5

  • Subject: Re: low-quality cctv audio over cat5
  • From: "Chris White" <cmw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 07:41:00 -0000

Sorry, Missed this.

I don't see any major problem with doing this at all.

My guess is that the cables used by Aldi is of a lower quality than
that of cat5e anyway so if anything you may see an improvement.

One thing to watch would be the connections at each end, hopefully the
cable pairs are colour coded, but if not you probably need to make the
mic at the door to the speaker in the house and vice versa for the return.