Re: Re: DIN Enclosure for CBus modules

I was discussing this with a friend on Saturday night, who's a
building control officer for a local council; their take on this
(since each authority is free to interpret "ambiguities" within
the
rules as they wish!) is;

- work carried out by contractors registered with approved
organisations (eg NICEIC) will be deemed to be OK, and will not
require building control inspection/testing/approval (note: inspection
!= a building control application, which is always required)
- work carried out by other (non-registered) contractors will require
inspection/testing/approval; either by another contractor (registered
with an approved organisation), or building control inspectors
- for DIY work, ditto
- he (and other inspectors) have just done a 2-day course on basic
inspection and testing, so they can approve. Anything complicated
though, and they'll need to bring in a contractor (registered with an
approved organisation) to do it
- building control application fees are fixed, so any external
inspection/testing won't cost the applicant any more
- the twist; the NICEIC have instructed their members not to carry out
inspection/testing for anyone else, not even building control. That
leaves a shortage of contractors (registered with an approved
organisation) who can do the approvals...

--
phil

On Apr 10, 2005 10:02 PM, Dean Barrett <dean@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> under part p only building control appointed persons can test and
inspect
> others work circa 150.00 im told.
>
> part  p companies such as ourselves are not allowed to certify others
work.

> Dean
>
>   _____

An
> > electrician could only certify his own work anyway.
>
> My understanding is that you can do your own work. Part P requires the
> testing and completion certificate to be issued by a
"competent" or
> registered person, thus ensuring that the installation is compliant.
>
> Or have I misunderstood?
>
> Cheers
>
> Neil

Dimmer
> > way
> > 1a MCB, and then the other side of the MCB will have your T&E
coming back
> > from the lights with neutrals and earths going straight to
blocks.

> > Dean.
> >
> >  _____

Following
> > valuable advice on here, those channels now only switch a
contactor,
> > with the contactor doing the dirty work.
> >
> > Nick
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> >  _____
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links