RE: DIN Enclosure for CBus modules

  • Subject: RE: DIN Enclosure for CBus modules
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 09:43:06 +0100

I have to agree with your confusion Gareth. My C-bus install dates back to
when Clipsal were NOT recommending MCB's on the outward side. As a result I
don't have any!
I always hate posting this as I don't want to tempt
fate........BUT.......In
all that time 2 1/2 years (I think) I've had no problems. But, as Li say's
for the tiny outlay in monetary terms I would probably do it now. I know
Dean (From Rolec) on this list who has a large and professional electrical
contractors business always put them on so that's the voice of an expert!

Another thing..... with the right type of enclosure (I've used the Clipsal
ones. www.littlebovey.co.uk to see them.) I personally believe that fitting
the PCI unit in the enclosure is fine. My RS232 cable is effectively
outside
the IP sealed unit. I'm sure though someone will disagree with me!

Cheers

Rob