Re: OT? Hard Bouncing from Yahoo Groups

  • Subject: Re: OT? Hard Bouncing from Yahoo Groups
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 22:26:02 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Alex Clark" <alex@c...> wrote:

> It's interesting that you say this.  The message I sent on
> 3rd September had in the header:
>
> <very big snip!>

This is, I'm assuming, the message entitled "RE:  Web and email
conditions of use ?".

Unfortunately, Yahoo has manged the line you quoted, as it thinks
its an email address, but I'd bet that its got your ISPs name in it
somewhere.

Anyway, that message is in your inbox, after its been sent to Yahoo
without a Message-ID, Sent out by Yahoo still without a Message-ID,
and come back to you via your ISPs mailserver, which I guess will
have added the Message-ID.

The message-ID on the archived copy of the message is (which I've
put spaces in to stop Yahoo manging it) "auto-00000418003 @
tex.com".  This is a message-ID generated by my TexMail gateway.
Communigate Pro, on the way to the archive.  The only reason my
mailserver would put its Message-ID in is if there wasn't one there
already...