Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Bathroom project - Cbus style lighting system....1 room only though!!

RE: Re: Meteor CID and Comfort???

  • Subject: RE: Re: Meteor CID and Comfort???
  • From: "Iain Goodhew" <iain.goodhew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:55:47 -0000

I had this problem. I too have an ntl phone line, and connected the meteor
to comforts 'tel out' and comfort stopped answering the calls. I didn't
notice for quite sometime. I believe I asked on the comfort mailing list,
and the suggestion was the same, connect the meteor before comfort. I don't
know why this should make a difference, I can only guess that comfort miss
interpretes the on hook/off hook current flowing to the meteor device and
assumes the call has been answered.

I simply used another pair on the same phone cat5 and have 2 sockets on the
end, one before comfort for the meteor and one after comfort for the phone.

Iain

_____