Latest message you have seen: RE: Ceiling speaker backboxes

Re: Meteor CID and Comfort???

Iain

Thanks - looks like I'll just have to do a bit of rewiring.  I had
hoped to get away without because this was meant to be an easy, 5
min, job!

Regards

Richard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Iain Goodhew" <iain.goodhew@n...>
wrote:
> I had this problem. I too have an ntl phone line, and connected the
meteor
> to comforts 'tel out' and comfort stopped answering the calls. I
didn't
> notice for quite sometime. I believe I asked on the comfort mailing
list,
> and the suggestion was the same, connect the meteor before comfort.
I don't

wrote:
> > > Anyone using a Meteor unit successfully with Comfort?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > > I have a Meteor plumbed into my PC which has ACE & CWI
running.
> That
> > > all works fine with the number being recognised and sent to
the
> CWI.
> > > However, when the Comfort answer phone now no longer works
(i.e.
> it
> > > does not pick up an unanswered call).  Unplug the Meteor and
it
> works
> > > fine again.  It seems that the Meteor interferes in some way
so
> that
> > > Comfort thinks the call has been answered.
> >
> > Is your Meteor connected to the Tel Out terminals of Comfort
(i.e.
> with your house phones)?
> > Or is it wired in before Comfort?
> >
> > Mine is wired in parallel with Comfort to the incoming phone line
> (i.e. not to Tel Out) and Comfort's answer machine works fine.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > John

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12986ccpf/M=283686.4531047.5839501.442002