Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: Networking problems.

  • Subject: Re: Networking problems.
  • From: "big_red_frog" <anthony.tod@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:08:27 -0000

Just an aside here, seeing as I am now in the process of punching
down all my cat5 that I first fixed a year ago.

During the installation of more speaker wires, I needed another
channel drilled up through the ceiling into the av center area above.

This I duly did using one of those 3 foot long, approx 1/2 bits, but
was not satisfied with the exit hole location, must of not put on the
angle I thought I had.

Anyway, after a little internal debate, I decided to unthread a few
of the cat5 runs, as they were a little close to the new channel.

Sure enough I pulled out 2 cable that were completely mashed but
looked fine from both exit holes.

I am so glad I did this rather than spend time working out what I had
got wrong after the plaster board was up!

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@l...>