Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

RE: Networking problems.

I've used a 'fluke' network tester in the past - and found them an
invaluable tool to locate network issues...

I've had network cable as thick as a tree trunk coming through metal
suspended ceilings etc, with no problems (of course, there was a rubber
hose
cut in half length ways to prevent any chafing of the cable)

My thoughts, rather than go out and buy new sockets etc. test the
hub/switch
directly. See if that's behaving itself.... Then.. beg/borrow/steal/acquire
etc a fluke network tester and the associated dongle's for it - it will
test
the wiring, display any crossed wires, report any stray protocols etc.

Without the proper test equipment - and especially the amount of cables
need
testing, its like trying to locate a needle in a haystack ! ... unless the
chap that installed it was a monkey and you can see, blatantly where the
fault lies!

Hope this helps.

J.

Jonathan Tawn