Re: Lighting control system using Crozet microcontroller

Keith Doxey wrote:
> Quoting Andy Laurence <andy@xxxxxxx>:
>> Excellent!  Now my only problem is I have no 16F84 chips left, and
>> neither do the local Maplin :-/
>
> Forget the 16F84.
>
> Migrate to the 16F628
>
>   More memory
>
>   HARDWARE USART so serial comms are a doddle
>
>   CHEAPER than the 16F84
>
>   If you run out of memory on the 16F628, use a 16F648 instead :-)

Thanks, Keith.  I'll look into it.  I'm a complete newbie at PICs.  I
bought
a book called "Programming PICs" or something like that, and
realised when I
opened it that it was all about PICBASIC.  I wrote a bit of software to do
all I wanted, but then realised the compiler is another £100.  Not really
in
the budget for something that's to undercut X10.  I'm now trying to get my
head round assembler for the PIC.  I've never used assembler or anything
quite like it before, so it's a steep learning curve.

Cheers,
Andy
--
http://ha.andylaurence.co.uk
http://projects.andylaurence.co.uk

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx