Re: Lighting control system using Crozet microcontroller

Yes I tried a bit of ladder logic, I originally considered the
Telemechanique controller, but it fried my brain! I have a degree in
computer science which probably doesn't give me the same kind of
skillset as electronic engineers have...

Why is it that most of these controllers are made by the French?

Alan.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "David Buckley" <db@e...> wrote:
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "alan_singfield"
> <alan.singfield@n...> wrote:
>
> > The system I came up with was based on the Croezet Millenium II
> > microcontroller.
>
> I love these icle modern PLCs. They are available from several
> manufacturers, and some have an LCD on the front which is fine for
> programming.  I have used several in non-HA roles, and one at the
> office controlling lights, interfaced with a security alarm
> (througfh relay contacts) and X10 via a universal module thing.
The