Re: X10 Motion detection

Hi Marcus

Long time no hear ;-)) Times are a busy these days, how's things with you?

You could use the relay board controller I built and you are testing
(probably in a box somewhere if my guess is correct ;-)). It sends xAP
message on changes to the inputs and can be configured to send them on
rising edge, falling edge or both. That would give you a non intrusive way
of getting the data into the PC by serial port. You already know more than
most on writing programs to talk xAP so hopefully the application
interfacing should not be a problem. There are 16 inputs which should give
you enough scope for most things.

Depending on the outputs from the PIR's you may need to do some level
changing but that is dead simple. My guess would be this is not needed
though.

I can make changes to the firmware if you need it  so have a think and let
me know.

I have literally just got Ethernet working on another project and am
beginning to think about making an Ethernet to serial interface for my
existing projects like this controller. This would give you a true network
interface rather than serial. I should stress this is a  long way off and
not the same as the MSS100 way of doing things.

Let me know if this is of interest

Ian

"Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@xxxxxxx>
18/06/2004 09:03