Re: X10 Motion detection

  • Subject: Re: X10 Motion detection
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:52:25 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@m...>
wrote:

> So the questions are ;
> What PIRs do people recommend.

I use the "occupancy" PIRs from ecolune. I don't have a URL to
hand,
but I bought them from Simon Coates, who is on UKHA quite a bit.

These connect directly to Homevision's input ports. If you aren't
getting a Homevision immediately, then you'll need something else to
interface to a PC, since these are not X10 devices.

> What cable should I use ? Cate5e or Alarm cable

I connect them with CAT5e.

> Where Should I place the PIR  - opposite the door ? above the window

These ones are ceiling mount. That having been said, I've had some
success with "90 degrees to the door" so they don't trigger on
people
walking past the door on the landing.

> Am I better using ceiling mounted 360 degree sensors ?
> How do I connect these up, I'm assuming that I can supply power and
then simply
> connect to a parallel port and look for pins going high/low ?

No idea. Maybe, but as above I use Homevision....