Re: X10 Motion detection

Hi Marcus
I use Pulnix Sensors which are also located in the
UK........

I use 4 core alarm cable

Im using Genesis alarm panel and have  some of its outputs connected to a
CBUS  input interface module to control my lights....

Usually located in a corner of the room NOT facing a window  Link below to
the sensors i use .

http://skybax.rapidhoster.co.uk/~armagh/page13.html

> How do I connect these up, I'm assuming that I can supply power and
then
simply
> connect to a parallel port and look for pins going high/low ?

Depends on what you are connecting them into.......When using an alarm
system they are usually connected using normally closed contacts...would
need to refer to the alarm panel manual....If using a pc i/o module then
usually either normally open or closed could be used...

HTH
Frank