From: Paul Gordon [mailto:paul@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 14 June 2004 21:49
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: CCTV on CAT5

Thanks Brian.

If the MV1000 isn't up to par, then I'll scrap it & use something that
work=
s=20
better. I could go to the Geovision easily enough I reckon, - the
GV250-4CA=
M=20
would be sufficeint for my modest needs and is only =A399 at Henry's. If I=
=20
can, I'd prefer a non-PC solution akin to an MV1000 (or superior
equivalent=
)=20
though... - I notice Henry's do a 2-cam web server for just =A3150 notes...

I'll change the backend before I change the cams, - one of them is already=
=20
mounted to the back of my house....

Cheers.

Paul G.

>From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: CCTV on CAT5
>Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:26:08 +0100
>
>Just to add my little bit,
>
>I would suggest you fit the cameras to the MV1000 to start with and see
ho=
w=20
>well they work!
>
>The reason I say that is I find my MV1000 absolutely CRAP!
>
>I have 6 expensive(ish) cameras fitted to mine and the first
"cam1" on the=
=20
>MV1000 will only do B&W, the rest do colour....when they feel like
it,=20
>which at the moment is NEVER!
>
>In fact I took my unit out tonight to try and re-build it....
>
>The web pages installed never work on multiple cameras and the
config=20
>screen will eventually display 1 camera and when you select another
camera=
=20
>it crashes!
>
>Over the web I get an "Error 5" but I have asked if anyone
knows what that=
=20

wrote:
> > > I'll either solder the bare cable to some cores in the CAT5,
at
> >each end...
> > > - or I suppose I could try to crimp on an RJ45 plug in place
of the
> >BNC,
> > > then I could run it "properly" over the structured
cabling... -