Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] Antivirus software

Re: Re: CCTV on CAT5

Hiyall

Have a MV1000 too - must admit - the web interface is a bit pants... but
- if you use PC software/browser to grab the stills from it rather than
a stream - then it seems better  - I am just grabbing single images at
the mo (admittedly only one cam connected for testing) but will be using
it with apache rev proxy so it looks like one server feeds all... If you
wanted to get a 'movie' then I guess you can just grab lots of stills
quickly :-) - dunno if the overhead on the MV's is greater when its
streaming rather than doing stills...

maybe helpfull?
Wayne.

Paul Gordon wrote:

>Thanks Brian.
>
>If the MV1000 isn't up to par, then I'll scrap it & use something
that works
>better. I could go to the Geovision easily enough I reckon, - the
GV250-4CAM

<brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
>>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: CCTV on CAT5
>>Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:26:08 +0100
>>
>>Just to add my little bit,
>>
>>I would suggest you fit the cameras to the MV1000 to start with and
see how
>>well they work!
>>
>>The reason I say that is I find my MV1000 absolutely CRAP!
>>
>>I have 6 expensive(ish) cameras fitted to mine and the first
"cam1" on the
>>MV1000 will only do B&W, the rest do colour....when they feel
like it,
>>which at the moment is NEVER!
>>
>>In fact I took my unit out tonight to try and re-build it....
>>
>>The web pages installed never work on multiple cameras and the
config
>>screen will eventually display 1 camera and when you select another
camera
>>it crashes!
>>
>>Over the web I get an "Error 5" but I have asked if
anyone knows what that
>>means and no one came forward so I assume no one knows?
>>
>>As you can see I am not impressed which is why I decided to go with
>>Geovision system, expensive but it works!
>>
>>Good luck, I hope you have got one that works!
>>
>>Just my .5p worth...
>>
>>B.

BNC on

<paul@p...> wrote:

> [...]
CAT5, at

>>>each end...

place of the

>>>BNC,

structured cabling... -

>>>Anyone

>>>Not sure I've fully understood - won't the BNC go straight on
to the
>>>MVC, and the other end of this BNC patch lead could have an
RJ45 on