Latest message you have seen: Re: Crash course/info on X10 ?

Re: Re: CCTV on CAT5

Wayne wrote:

> Have a MV1000 too - must admit - the web interface is a bit pants...
but
> - if you use PC software/browser to grab the stills from it rather
than
> a stream - then it seems better  - I am just grabbing single images at
> the mo (admittedly only one cam connected for testing) but will be
using
> it with apache rev proxy so it looks like one server feeds all... If
you
> wanted to get a 'movie' then I guess you can just grab lots of stills
> quickly :-) - dunno if the overhead on the MV's is greater when its
> streaming rather than doing stills...

I do this with my mv1000. It seems to cope with me grabbing an image
every 5 minutes, and I can still go in via the web frontend to get it to
re-aquire the camera (which it seems to need about once every two
months). I tested it with 1 image per minute and that was fine too.
Doubt you could manage "movie" rates from it though...

Jim