RE: Network/TV outlets close to power cables

  • Subject: RE: Network/TV outlets close to power cables
  • From: Martin Wonders <martin.wonders@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:33:38 +0100

You need to check the building regs on this, I know someone who had to
replace the cat5
with shielded before the building was passed by building control. You
definitely can't terminate in the same box
according to the regs.

The question is whether the work needs to be signed off by building
control,
you need to be careful here as it is know a
criminal offence to do any major electrical work without it being signed
off
by a "competent person" the definition of which, I
think, is a company who have all the relevant certifications.

Regards

Martin