Latest message you have seen: Couple of HA vids

Re: Network/TV outlets close to power cables

  • Subject: Re: Network/TV outlets close to power cables
  • From: "martinchambers17" <MartinLChambers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:53:38 -0000

Thanks for replies so far. Sorry to confuse, power cable will run
horizontally from socket to socket running behind the networking/TV
outlets into which the coax and Cat5e cables will enter vertically.
So from the safety angle there is a physical barrier (the back of the
dry-lining box) between the different types of cables - which will
never be terminated in the same box. It seems Mark has had no prolems
with this degree of proximity but his boxes are metal whereas mine
will be plastic. Is this likely to make a difference as I imagine
metal is a better shield against interference than plastic.

Interesting point re whether BCO has to sign off on electrics. I have
checked the list of notices that I need to inform them about, but
there's nothing on electrics. I will pursue further.

TIA Martin

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Martin Wonders <martin.wonders@u...>
wrote:
> You need to check the building regs on this, I know someone who had
> replace the cat5
> with shielded before the building was passed by building control.
You