RE: Multi port CCTV capture cards - Geovision, Avermedia etc

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Multi port CCTV capture cards - Geovision, Avermedia etc
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:27:16 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

The size will be set by a) the capture card/device and b) the software.
Your CPU and system performance will also dictate what speeds you can
capture but most reasonable PC's can capture 25fps 640x480 for at least one
camera (depending on whether the CODEC is software or hardware and how much
it compresses etc etc).

The Geovision software I'm using allows you to set 320x240 or 640x480 (and
a couple of other odd formats).

Paul.

Avermedia
> etc
>
> I've had my two cameras up and running for a couple of weeks now. I've
> been
> trialling the CamSurveillance software on one PC and the Supervision
Cam
> software on another.  Both seem to work well although I think I'm
siding
> on
> the latter. However I noticed that when browsing around on
> http://rolec.dyndns.info:156  the
size of captured images are much larger