RE: [OT] Virtual Credit Card Numbers

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Virtual Credit Card Numbers
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:25:10 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

Only in so far as we would be presented with a card number, an expiry date
and a cvc code which would go through an EPOS terminal - unfortunately if a
retailer decides to check further (using the merchant services facilities
that they pay for to try to help prevent them being defrauded) then there
is
no way to tie the details to the address that is given.

Phil

the
>    > details of such a transaction and that would cause the
>    > transaction to fail our fraud checks and hence be refused...
>    >
>    > ...companies that do take such "card" numbers cannot
be
>    > verifying card details against registered cardholders
>    > address etc as those "cards" have no facility for
tracing