RE: Re: CCTV Solution required

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: CCTV Solution required
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:07:39 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

Thanks for the advice so far guys. I have now decided on the Geovision
card=
s and a mixture of cameras from the RF Concepts site. I will also be
boosti=
ng my outside lighting a little and mounting some external PIRs.

However, I do have one question, and that is exactly which Geovision
card(s=
) to get. I take Simon's point about the number of cameras required to
give=
good coverage, so I'm now considering getting an 8 port card. Obviously th=
ere is the 8 port GV250-8 but that has 16 fps, so that would reduce to 2
fp=
s per camera which seems a little low. The GV600-8 would give 3 fps per
cam=
era, but it costs twice as much at =A3300. So, I was wondering about
gettin=
g two of the GV250-4 cards, this would mean 4 fps per camera, plus I would
=
get 2 audio channels and the cost would be =A3240. Is there anything wrong
=
with my logic, am I able to have two cards in one PC, will the software
obj=
ect?

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com=20