Re: Re: Occupancy detection

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:16:07 -0000, you wrote:

>A 'traditional' PIR is the type used for security purposes and is
designed
>to minimise false alarms - ie. by having pulse counting etc...
>An occupancy sensor is much more sensitive as it is designed to detect
>slight movements of a person in a room.  For example, sitting at a desk
or
>sat on a sofa watching TV etc...

Thanks, I am familiar with traditional PIRS; I just hadn't heard of
the occupancy type before.

>The occupancy detectors I've supplied to people on the group in the
past are
>recessed ceiling mounted detectors.  They require a 12V DC supply 1mA
(not
>including load) and have an open collector output rated at 40V max 25mA
-
>and can be directly connected to HomeVision, Comfort etc.. The coverage
is
>360 degrees and the detection pattern is 3 concentric 'rings' - 14
>concentrated zones in the centre, 24 zones from about 1m to 2m then 24
zones
>from 2m to 3m radius (when mounted at normal ceiling heights).

The 360 degree range sound ideal. The ubiquitous 12v supply! 1mA not
including load. If it is open collector, surely there is no load?

>However I have some of the original PIRs if you are interested.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. How many of these do you have left,
and what is your asking price? I would like to try one and if
successful, which I am sure they will be, take more off your hands.

Thanks.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com