Re: Re: Occupancy detection

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:43:45 -0000, you wrote:

>Go here http://www.ukha-archive.com/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?
>query=ecolume+pir+occupancy
>
>The "ecolume" occupancy PIRs do work a treat, a few of us
have
>them.  Well, I had them in my last place, and will have them again.

Hello,

Please can I ask what is the difference between a "traditional"
pir
and an ocupancy detector? From what I have "overheard" here, a
standard pir will trigger when it detects movement, but it seems that
an occupancy detector is much more sensitive, and will trigger on much
smaller movements. Thjis would be great to automate lights, because
with a normal pir, if you stop walking the lights would go off, but it
sounds as if an occupancy detector would keep the lights on.

How do you connect an occupancy detector? Do they switch 240v ac or
12v dc? Does their output remain high as long as movement is detected?

The only one I have found is in screwfix but it only has a 90 degree
range. Are there any with better ranges; for automating room  lights
really 360 degrees would be best.

What is the url of rapid? It is such a common word, that google has
given me many false positives.

Thanks,
Stephen.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com