Re: Occupancy detection

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Occupancy detection
  • From: "rectorydp" <dpullen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:02:25 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

I haven't seen any responses to this but since it is definitely "on
topic" I thought I should repost.

I am really interested in trying to run occupancy detection in
parallel to any security system and would like to identify sensitive
PIRs that could be used to do that (along with other types of
sensors). I don't even envisage them being in the usual type of PIR
enclosure but perhaps being rather more discrete. The Matushita
sensors looked good but they seem to have disappeared from the Rapid
catalogue.

So has anyone found any appropriate devices and Patrick have you had
any more success with the Matsushitas including finding alternative
suppliers.

Thanks
David

--- In ukha_d@yahoogroups.com, "rectorydp" <dpullen@f...>
wrote:
> Nearly a year ago there was some discussion about occupancy sensors
> (probably not the first).
>
> I believe Patrick Lidstone was looking at the Matsushita sensors
(61-
> 1506 from Rapid at the time).
>
> Has anyone else found any good (and reasonably priced) sensors that
> would work for occupancy detection. I don't need to count the
number
> of people but I would like to have good sensitivity even when there
> is little movement. These sensors would be separate from any
security
> system.
>
> Patrick how did you get on with these sensors and did you find any
> other sources? Rapid don't seem to have them any more.
>
> Thanks
> David

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com