RE: oven temperatures

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: oven temperatures
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:26:16 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

I got one from the US - a present in fact.

It has a long stainless probe that goes into the meat with a metal braided
=
cable that comes out of the oven to a remote sender. The display part then
=
picks up the signal wirelessly and shows the temp and depending what meat
i=
s selected, tells you when it's done.

I found it quite difficult to use on smaller joints and chickens etc as
you=
need to get the probe in the thickest part of the meat + the metal probe c=
onducts heat of course so I think it interfered with the temp readings.
It'=
s called a Brookstone Grill Alert (I think Brookstone is a popular gadget
s=
tore/manufacturer like Sharper Image).

Oh, just remembered - also got a digital probe from the UK - Russell Hobbs
=
- but it's hand held and designed to stick in momentarily. Doesn't work
ver=
y well though :(

Paul.

wa=
> able to compensate - If I had just used weight and time I would have
spen=

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com=20