Re: Multi port CCTV capture cards - Geovision, Avermedia etc

I think you got a stunning deal on the Spectra8 then, it's currently
listin=
g=20
at $395. I had overlooked the Osprey series though, and this looks like my=
=20
best bet. I've found this lot

http://www.icode.co.uk/icatcher/cctvshop/index.html

are currently doing them at =A399 (everywhere else is in the =A3110-130
ran=
ge).=20
Three of those sounds just right. Most of my cameras arrive in the next=20
couple of weeks so this was a very timely discussion. I had bought two of
t=
he=20
MV1000 camera servers but I'm not overly impressed with them working on=20
non-microsoft browsers (I don't use IE or indeed windows either at work or=
=20
home). Plus of course I want to use Zoneminder.

Thanks for the pointers.

Steven

On Thursday 15 January 2004 20:14, Philip Coombes wrote:
> Yes, it was those cards. Actually thinking about it the LML was a good
> price as it was freebie for development but you're right shipping is
> expensive and you have to patch the kernel. The Ituner Spectra 8
though I
> got for about $300, plus another $30 for the expansion card to take it
to=
8
> ports. Shipping wasn't too bad either so I ended up paying about
=A3200 o=
r so
> for an eight port card which I thought was ok value-wise, plus there
were
> no kernel patches to do. Using 4 ports it's full rate (25fps) with the
> expansion board it drops to around 10 for any doubled up devices but I
> usually find 10fps is the maximum I use anyway.
>
> For 9 ports though you'd need a couple, unless you can live with three
of
> those Osprey 100 type cards. I think they have only one capture
chipset o=
> them so with three inputs you'd probably be around 5-8fps each. They
are
> dead cheap though ($99 each from Ituner and they usually discount) and
I'=
ve
> seen that kind of card available from several places in the UK.
>
> Phil,

Avermedi=
> etc
>
> > On Thursday 15 January 2004 17:42, Philip Coombes wrote:
> > > I have a couple of
> > > other 8 port cards that weren't too expensive and are
supported so it=
's

> not
>
> > > really been a priority up until now.
> >
> > So are those the Ituner Spectra 8 and the Linux Media Labs
LMLBT44? I

> looked
>
> > at those but they were too expensive as I want to put in 9
cameras, whi=
ch
> > would need three cards. The only other one I've found tracing
down the
> > cardlist in the video4linux documentation is this one
> >
> > http://www.grandtec.com/xguard.htm
> >
> > which costs US$299 for the 9 port version. It looks like support
for th=
is

> was
>
> > added to the Linux kernel in October so I can patch it in if need
be, b=
ut

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com=20