RE: Multi port CCTV capture cards - Geovision, Avermedia etc

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Multi port CCTV capture cards - Geovision, Avermedia etc
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:36:35 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

Getting the mobile phone support working in ZM would be nice :) The ISO
would also be massively beneficial to non-Linux people - took me quite a
few days to get my head around Linux. The other main features I wanted were
dedicated multi port H/W (the Geovision card that's arriving tomorrow has 8
inputs). The slick user interfaces (more rounded graphical approach) were
also nice - I could design something myself for ZM of course, but I never
got the time :(

I'll still be following your development of ZM keenly though :)

Paul.

Avermedia
> etc
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> > ZoneMinder is very good - but it's free and doesn't offer
anywhere near
> the features that the Geovision software seems to (yet!). That was one
of
> the main features + I've had some problems running Linux (hardware
related
> think). I was new to Linux when I installed ZM - it was a very steep
> learning curve but worth it for the experience and understanding alone
:)

> Thanks for giving ZM a try anyway. Can you tell me what features you
> thought
> were missing from ZoneMinder and which might be useful? I've been
doing
> multi-language support for the last few weeks and now that's out the
door
> I'm feeling a bit feature frisky and ready to move on to adding to and
> improving functionality.
>
> If anyone else feels like giving ZM a try, in the next couple of week
I'll
> be putting up an ISO that has kindly been contributed that will let
you
> boot
> from a CD and instantly build a system with everything you need
already
> installed and configured which should make things a lot easier for
people
> unfamiliar with Linux. Also don't forget that support is available on
the
> various resources and forums at zoneminder.com for any other problems.
>
> In other news, I got a couple of the Axis-205 network cameras
yesterday
> for
> a client and I have to say that I'm highly impressed with them so far.
The