Re: Multi port CCTV capture cards - Geovision, Avermedia etc

Yes, it was those cards. Actually thinking about it the LML was a good
price
as it was freebie for development but you're right shipping is expensive
and
you have to patch the kernel. The Ituner Spectra 8 though I got for about
$300, plus another $30 for the expansion card to take it to 8 ports.
Shipping wasn't too bad either so I ended up paying about £200 or so
for an
eight port card which I thought was ok value-wise, plus there were no
kernel
patches to do. Using 4 ports it's full rate (25fps) with the expansion
board
it drops to around 10 for any doubled up devices but I usually find 10fps
is
the maximum I use anyway.

For 9 ports though you'd need a couple, unless you can live with three of
those Osprey 100 type cards. I think they have only one capture chipset on
them so with three inputs you'd probably be around 5-8fps each. They are
dead cheap though ($99 each from Ituner and they usually discount) and I've
seen that kind of card available from several places in the UK.

Phil,