Re: Re: Sky Freetoview Card

> What benefit does a freetoview card give you over not having a card?
>
> I have a digibox with no card in and get quite a lot of free to air
> channels?
The FTV card will put BBC1/2 for your area in the right place (101 and
102) and give you Channel 3, 4 and Five (Which I dont get if I remove

> The only thing I don't get is the sky EPG ( electronic programme
guide)
> which means you have to know the 3 digit channel number you want to
> watch, you cant use the channel up and down buttons also.
I dont see why you dont get the EPG without a card being present.... If
I remove my viewing card I still get a full EPG minus BBC1 and 2 at
101/102 (I thought it was in sky's interest to let everyone see the EPG
so non-subscribers see what they're missing (other than high
subscription fees!) at least that's the way it used to be)

If you have no EPG at all it may be worthwhile forcing a software
update to your box (I had this problem on my cardless box once, the EPG
just constantly said No Guide Data Available or something ... anyway,
might be worth a try.

Ross

dangerous content and is believed to be clean

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx