Re: [OT] Creating a new message by replying to an old one...

I'm glad its not me then! :)

Ive been trialling Mozilla Thunderbird email software for a while (its
in beta at the mo) which can group on threads - which it /most/ of the
time seemed better than MS Outlook Express (ok it IS better) - but you
sometimes got those 'ah lets clump it with these other messages'. On the
whole though its a seems a lot better than OE apart from the occasional
erroneous groupings :) (and its got a  speller that doesn't need MS
Office installed to use!)

(take a look http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird
)

Wayne

Kevin Hawkins wrote:

>	I have just been offlist reminded of, (pleads guilty) that the quick
>and easy route to creating a new topic here is flawed. This lazy way is
>reply to an existing post and then change the subject so that it looks
like
>a new topic. This actually creates a new sub topic within the existing
>thread and as such will not be visible as a new post to people who use
>proper threading news/email programs. To ensure you do it right you
should
>create a totally 'new' message sent to the UKHA group address (set up
as one
>of your contacts which makes this really easy to do..)...
>
>	This is because a header is automatically inserted "In-Reply-To:
>XXXX" that associates your reply with the original post even
though you have
>changed the subject. People bored with the 'My car's better than yours'
>thread that you replied to with a 'New arrival forces reluctant sale of
KAT5