Re: Tivo Help!

Sorry but I wouldn't touch a Maxtor or IBM with a barge pole!

Samsung .. I don't know .. I have never used them.

I would never go for anything unless it had either a Western Digital or
Segate sticker on it.

I am not speaking from reviews but from experience ...

I have gone through about 5 Maxtors and 5 IBMs ...

All my Segates and WDs have outlasted all of the above.

I have about 5 WDs and 8 Segates.

Ho yin

At 10:30 13/12/2004, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>After my Tivo suffering a third hard drive problem in 2 years
>(tick-tick-tick-tick and no boot-up) and now needing another
replacement,
>it's beginning to lose WAF big time!
>
>So far I've gone through Samsung, Maxtor and IBM (Hitachi) drives, all
120
>gig.  The Samsung lasted about a year, the Maxtor 5 months and the IBM
7
>months.
>
>Am I just unlucky, doing something incredibly wrong, or could it be an
>indication of a more serious problem with the Tivo itself?  The Tivo is
used
>fairly heavily and is always left on if that might make a
difference.....