Re: LED Fun Challenge

  • Subject: Re: LED Fun Challenge
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 12:38:24 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@s...>
wrote:

> transistor output versions that way you wouldn't have
> the horrid relay clicking sound

Actually, thats very true, and the transistor versions of these PLCs
is rated at 300ma, which is enough for a LED, even a Lumiled.

> If you want to go the controller route I recommend the
> Mitsubishi Alpha  units

Ahh yes, hadn't seen these, but yep, they surely look just the same
as the Siemens / Crouzet / Telemechanique baby PLCs under yet
another name.  And just spotted another one - Moeller.

These boxes all look similar, offer similar features, program the
same way, cost about the same, and all come from manufacturers with
a solid history of making PLCs which are all different.  Odd....
Someone must be bashing these out in quantity, and I'd wager its
none of the manufacturers whose name is on the front :-)