RE: [OT] Cloning To Server

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Cloning To Server
  • From: "Malcolm Surgenor" <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:33:37 +0100

Good to hear the restore's work smoothly. I always immediately try out a
restore with a new backup product having been caught out before with some
temperamental NTI software that I'd used for ages to backup and then found
couldn't restore from due to some problem with the way it wrote to my CDs.

I think I'll stick with XXCLONE for just now though, it works for me just
now although I have a nagging doubt about trusting beta software with the
backups!  Support for the product has been very good so far though - there
was a minor problem this week following Microsoft's security patch releases
on Tuesday which was fixed with a new release within a day of reporting...

Malcolm

PS "Sunny Leeds, UK"  - you're not a football fan then?!