Re: Cable & ADSL in one network

Well done someone on the ball....

Complexity depends on how deep you wanna go down the rabbit hole.

(1) Failover routing - Simple. We use one route at a time... Syn... to
dynamic routing. - Many ways of doing this (soz not sure if there is a
*reliable* way with windoze though).

(2) Bonding both routes into one and spreading bandwidth across both or
more
ISP's.
- Remember each route is different and so you're peak rate from a single
host will only be the peak of 1 of the ISP's however you can exceed this
bandwidth if you spread your bandwidth by downloading from multiple hosts.
- Use BGP, take a look at VRRP and you gotta use clever usage of QoS......
jeeeee

Afraid simple questions can get complicated.

Shaf