Re: Cable & ADSL in one network

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Cable & ADSL in one network
  • From: "Derek Erb" <dce42@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 15:01:59 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@t...> wrote:

> To have both is just plain greedy. Many of us would just like to
have
> the option of EITHER! :-)

I currently have both (cable shared via router and ADSL only
available on my PC).  But neither works 100% 24/7.  One or the other
is always down at least one day a month.

My office is going to be at home in the new home and I need 100%
uptime.  I can't be down for a day without broadband access.  The
Internet is my business.

It actually doesn't quite work out as a double expense either as the
family will pay for the cable Internet, which comes in addition to
the cable television, and my business will pay for my ADSL access.
That's my justification/rationalisation and I'm sticking with it!