Re: Failed hard disk recovery - Help (Mee too!)

Hi,

My IBM's 20GB notebook HDD (on a wonderful Compaq EVO N200 subnotebook) was
died last week in a couple of seconds... just some strange noises, the
computer hangs and then, when rebooted ... NOTHING... no disk, no data....
I was using it during a long trip to work on my projects, without any
backup
device.... and now I'm lost...:-((
It sounds pretty normal when powered on, but the BIOS does not recognize it
anymore.
I have tried to replace the PCB with one from a good device, but still
unrecognized by the BIOS and more, his own PCB works ok on another
identical
HDD.

If anyone has any idea on what can I do to recover something ... please
help.
I just need around 200KB from it...some source code.

Thanks,
Dan
P.S. Please don't tell me that is my fault because I have missed the
backup,
I know it very well....