Thanks - was Failed hard disk recovery - Help

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Thanks - was Failed hard disk recovery - Help
  • From: "biggles299" <charles@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 07:02:36 -0000

You guys are the best.
The freezer idea did the trick and I now have all my data off of the
damaged drive both as an image and files, including SWMBO's emails
(apparently the only useful thing the computer does!)

Next question(s)
1. What would you suggest as a replacement. I am thinking along the
lines of a pair of mirrored 120gb jobs as I don't want to get caught
like this again and my mboard supports Raid 1. Suggestions for
manufacturers please.
2. Will Raid 1 give me data integrity if one of the drives fails.

Once again thanks

Charles