RE: Which Wireless Gateway

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Which Wireless Gateway
  • From: "aashram" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:41:18 +0100

I see you point - what wireless
would u recommend ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaf Ali [mailto:shaf@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Mon 08/09/2003 14:31
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Which Wireless Gateway

cat5

I run wireless and wired networks in parrallel.... Wireless in mho
shouldn't
really be used for high network throughput it's slow clumsy and what's the
point of having a WEP password if you're gonna be using it that much ?

/me sniffs aashram's network and gets 128bit WEP key within 24 hours.

My wireless network at home is actually open but my router controls tcp/ip
traffic that's my security.

Shaf