Re: Plasma panels - what to choose?

brougham Baker wrote:

>This brings up a question I wanted to ask- We gone some Iiyama tft
monitors
>at work. One of them arrived with two DVI inputs. As we wanted to plug
them
>in to kvm's we rang the supplier and said this is no good.
>
>We got a cable sent to us- one end with a VGA connector and the other
end
>with a DVI connector. This device is entirely passive- it is just two
>connectors and a wire, no magic tricks inside.
>
>So the question- is DVI backwards compatible or is this an Iiyama ONLY
>feature?

My ATI card came with 2 connectors.... a widget thing for the ATI dongle
that takes care of composite, svid in out and firewire, and a DVI. There
was a DVI to 15D adapter (gender changer size, so no real space for
gubbins) so I'm assuming, like you are, that it's backwards compat.

*googles*

According to http://www.proxima.com/downloads/doc/DVI%20White%20Paper.doc

"The *DVI* interface has proven to be extremely versatile. Its two
connector styles provide manufacturers with the flexibility to support
digital devices while remaining *backwards **compatible* with analog
devices."

So there you go!

--
Doogie