Re: More on PBX's

Hi Des,

> Spec wise that should be fine to get you going, what size hdd is in
the
> laptop tho?
8GB HDD

> Also I don't know anything about compaq laptops will drivers be
> available for pcmcia shipsets etc?
I have a Xircom RealPort CardBus Ethernet 10/100 + modem 56.
It is recoignized an work well with RH8

> Try and find someone local who has a recent distribution or ftp the
latest
> version of redhat and give it a go.
I think that version 9 is the latest one.. I have a distribution on a CD
included in the last Chip magazine....
Version 8 was installed before without any problems.

> Bear in mind installation can sometimes not be as straightforward as a
> windows install, but its all a learning experience ;)
It is not my first Linux installation.... The first one was an RH4 (I
think..:-))
.. I just don't like the graphical interface (none of them), but I am a fan
of the console..;-)

I wonder if the Xircom modem can be used with voice too... then I will have
a nice gateway..;-)

Any other reccommendations?

Best regards,
Dan