Re: More on PBX's

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: More on PBX's
  • From: "patricklidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 08:44:48 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Dan" <dtoma@f...> wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> I have missed the Asterisk thread... What can you do with it?
> From where I can get it?
>
> I just want to instal a RH8 or 9 on my old notebook and start
playing with
> some Linux VoIP applications...(maybe open H.323 too)

www.asteriskpbx.com

It has a more extensive feature set than Pbx4Linux
(http://isdn.jolly.de) but the one
thing it doesn't appear to do that
Pbx4Linux does is support ISDN cards running in NT mode. This means
that you can't string cheap ISDN feature phones off asterisk, like
you can Pbx4Linux, but you have to use either IP phones or analogue
phones + line cards instead.

Once I get the bits together to get Pbx4Linux running, I'll look at
what is involved in porting ISDN NT support to Asterisk - but it's a
big job (kernel level drivers etc), bigger than I can take on at the
moment probably.

Patrick