Was: UKHA2003 Timetable, now with TiVo bits...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Was: UKHA2003 Timetable, now with TiVo bits...
  • From: "White, Peter" <peter.white@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 14:33:45 +0100

I've been sitting on the fence about this as my wife is due on May 18th, so
my availability may be a bit restricted around that weekend!  However, I
-_really_ want to upgrade my TiVo, and I _really_ don't think I'm up to it,
having spent this lunchtime reading the excellent guide.  The first hurdle
is that I've got no spare IDE connections on my main PC (and all my others
are laptops), and as its set up in a RAID configuration I don't really want
to play around with it, as it's a miracle I got it working in the first
place.

Therefore, I'll book for Saturday, and if you could all keep your fingers
crossed that the pregnancy goes exactly to schedule I'd appreciate it ! ;-)

Anyway, some Q's about the TiVo upgrade:

1. Can I tell whether it's a dual or single drive TiVo without taking it
apart?
2. If I install the TiVoWeb card, can I still have the updates via the dial
up?  No BB here....
3. Does the memory upgrade make a big difference?  IMHO it's (the menus)
pretty slow at the moment, so if I up the storage I'd hate for it to get
even slower.
4. Will the nice people at the TiVo clinic also fit the memory??

I guess this should have gone to the TiVo list, but it's kinda relevant
here
too....

Pete