Re: Was: UKHA2003 Timetable, now with TiVo bits...

On Thu, 1 May 2003 14:33:45 +0100, "White, Peter"
<peter.white@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>However, I
>-_really_ want to upgrade my TiVo, and I _really_ don't think I'm up to
it,
>having spent this lunchtime reading the excellent guide.  The first
hurdle
>is that I've got no spare IDE connections on my main PC.

When I was upgrading my TiVo and helping Q with his, I actually
disconnected *all* devices in my main PC and used only externally
attached devices. As I recall the TurboNet CD didn't boot in my
DVD-ROM drive anyway.

Thus I had a line of HDs on the desk, in front of the PC, trailing IDE
cables into the coverless guts of the machine.

This also has the benefit of not letting you boot up accidentally into
a Windows OS, thus potentially writing crud into all the wrong spots
on your TiVo HDD. Assuming that your spare HDs sitting on the desk
don't have Windows on them that is.

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart@xxxxxxx