Re: Re: Automating small outside plant watering

At 10:53 22/07/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Think Gardena did a starter kit for around =A340, from various garden
>stores. IIRC was a mechanical rather than digital one, the digital
>was more.

I got a Gardena kit for =A349.99. Good value as it has an lcd electronic=20
timer and a fair amount of bits.
Electronic timers can cost this much or more on their own.
Bits supplied were mainly drip type. I had to buy extra pipe and also 90=20
and 180 degree sprays.

The timer does the job, I've set it for 30mins every evening. More complex=
=20
timers allow for different daily setting, but I can't see the point.
In future I get another timer or may replace the timer with two valves.=20
Then could split the circuit into two zones and water them one after the=20
other. (To maintain water pressure)

Martin