Re: Help needed.....may loose job....

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:08:35 +0100, you wrote:

>We have about 45 employees, trouble is the company owner has employed
all =
his banking colleagues who are all in charge......  it is the general
manag=
er that has caused this trouble.

>We have a very large retail store on our books, about 5 Police
authorities=
, Rail companies and have been in the "Fastest Growing Company"
awards for =
about 5 or 6 years running.

>We are Microsoft Certified, Compaq/HP approved and just been awarded
somet=
hing very good but I can not remember what it is called.....

>The trouble is I was never given a chance to say my part, he just blew
his=
top.....

>And no we do not have a HR / Personnel department.
>
>I really must leave this planet....bring on global warming, they will
be t=
he first with their backs against the wall......

Quite honestly it sounds like a total over-reaction by someone who
really doesn't know what he's talking about.  If you can present
documents showing you were following proper working practises, and that
none of the machines you've built have had any problems, they'll be hard
put to make any kind of complaint stick.

I'm a bit surprised they want to take it to the lengths of asking you to
get a legal representative.  It almost sounds like they're looking for
an excuse to fire you (and maybe bring in more of the owner's cronies?)
and this is the best they can come up with.

I'd also have thought running a company that size without permanent HR
would be pretty hard.  The company I work for is about the same size,
and our HR person is kept pretty busy.

Hope it all works out for you,

David P.

--=20
David_Paterson =3D david.paterson@xxxxxxx =A6 david.paterson@vissci.=
com;

Senior programmer         There are three kinds of people in the world -
Visual Science Ltd.         those who can count, and those who can't...