Re: What is xAP was Comfort, UCM, Misterhouse & linux

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: What is xAP was Comfort, UCM, Misterhouse & linux
  • From: "baydriftuk" <baydriftuk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:21:25 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Stuart Poulton"
<stuart.poulton@a...>
wrote:

(Thanks to Stuart and Patrick)

> The main xAP website can be found here
>
> http://www.xapautomation.org

Excellent.  Thanks.

I found and compiled the Comfort xAP source for Linux.
I am running "./xap-comfort 1234 /dev/ttyS1 home eth1"
and running "./mh" in another window.

The two processes seem to find each other, there's lots
of debugging messages.  MH sees the comfort responses, but
they don't seem to have any affect on MH.

Presumably, I need to tell MH to listen to the Comfort
like I did when Comfort was connected directly to mh.
eg
SERIAL, IP0100, Front_Door, ComfortDoors, CLOSED, serial_comfort

Can anyone provide me with syntax for xAP items in items.mht ?
I can't find any documentation.  I've been looking at
xap_weather, xAP_Items.pm, but can't see what to configure.

TIA

Andy