Re: Re: Nice l/room pc for media centre

Quoting Graham Howe <graham@xxxxxxx>:
> It looks like there is only VGA out, so you need to think of a way of
> connecting to a TV. Also, if the onboard video is anything like the

Presumably that's where the "optional tuner" comes into it....
> Shuttles, then it will probably not be enough for full DVD payback.

Which one?  The P4 based ones should be okay - they are certainly good
enough
for DV editing, so DVD playback should be okay...

> Another problem I had with the Shuttles was the noise so beware of
> that for living room use. As for price, it is comparable with others,

Definitely a problem with the older SV24/25 boards, but the newer XPC P4
based
boards are pretty quiet......

> but the front facia looks pretty good with that big lcd display.

Yeah, shame it's not a nice blue VFD :)

Wouldn't mind one of these myself - shame I just fixed my broken shuttle a
few
weeks back ("fixed" as in "bought new barebones and stuffed
all the components
>from

If someone gets one, can you report on the noise levels and quality of the
LCD
please?

cheers,

Tony