RE: Composite Video

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Composite Video
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 11:42:34 +0100

The main problem you'll see with composite is the flaring of reds ... PAL
doesn't handle it well and the circuitry to make a good job of decoding
composite is complex (read expensive) to implement.

S-Vid suffers with this too but to a far lesser extent.

I used to borrow a nice "little" Panasonic S-VHS VCR from work -
I could do
stuff like that since I was the studio manager there ;-) - and that had
decent composite decoding but then again IIRC it cost us the best part of
?3k!

Ultimately the big problem we (as consumers) face is that the consumer
stuff
is built down to a price ... you *CAN* make a decent job with PAL (whether
composite or s-vid) but it's a standard that was developed to be cheap to
implement (and also as an upgrade of a standard that itself was based on an
upgrade of a standard) at a consumer level. As "discerning" users
we can
either try to make the best of the good end of the consumer stuff or kill
ourselves trying to afford the professional gear!

Phil

041992:HM/A=1595054/R=0/SIG=124f8kfa7/*http:/ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitake
> nattogyo?YH=3512152&yhad=1595054> Click Here!
>

> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egrou
> pmail/S=:HM/A=1595054/rand=303776506>

> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
> Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx