Re: [OT] Website styling

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Website styling
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:34:29 -0000

Hi Steve

I have downloaded PHPNuke, PHPSlash etc and played with them but I
dont feel that they do what *I* want in my website.

For sites like AutomatedHome, xAP, xPL etc which are either news
based or have content submitted by a number of people I think
the "Off the Shelf" PHP portals are great.

My sites are being re-written to use active content in PHP but will
not have many of the features inherent in Nuke/Slash etc as I feel
they are not required in my websites.

At the end of the day, it comes down to what the site is intended to
be used for. Just my personal opinions of course.

Keith