Re: TV aerial - multi room.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: TV aerial - multi room.
  • From: Nick Austin <nick1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:43:43 +0000

At 09:58 AM 2003-12-09 +0000, Young, Jeff wrote:

> I have now got hold of a Tivo which I want to add onto the input line
to the
> amp.  BUT here's the problem.  Until now none of the sources on the
input
> line has ever recorded anything.  I think that connecting the 'input'
of the
> video to the house aerial produces some sort of 'amplifiation loop'
and the
> picture becomes unwatchable.
>

> Aerial >>>--
>
>                  -------     -------
>             -----> AMP -----SPLIT
>               -->          -------
>                  -------
>

>    -->VCR--->
>       DVD--->
>    -->Tivo-->

The normal arrangement would be to create a "daisy chain" so
that the RF leads pass through each device once:

Aerial --> TiVo --> VCR --> DVD --> Amp/Splitter

By connecting the splitter output to one of the inputs you
create a feedback loop (exactly like holding a microphone
too close to a speaker).

My advice would be to use a SCART lead connected TiVo --> VCR
so that the VCR can record from it's AV input.

Nick.